Each product page for a Muir Way map has a link to our Color Palettes, or you can click on this link: Color Palettes
All of our Muir Way designed maps come in 20 color palettes which you can select from. If you are having a problem selecting one and would like to know what a specific map will look like just email us and we will send you a proof in your color preference. firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the difference between your maps?
Our National Park Series Maps are original designs based off of the maps given out by our National Parks at their Park Ranger Stations. We recreated the maps with clean design, and each is available in all 20 of our color palettes.
Our TOPO Series Maps are based off of topographic quadrants made by the USGS to map ski and snowboard mountains as well as their surrounding backcountry. They consist solely of contour lines to illustrate the shapes and slopes of the mountains with a dot to signify the base of the resort. They also are available in all 20 of our color palettes.
Our Range Series Maps are the most complete and detailed maps ever made using contour lines to represent the topography of entire mountain ranges. The Range Series combines the data of hundreds of smaller USGS quadrant maps to form a detailed construction of mountain ranges from their southern to northern most borders. Due to the nature of the maps as art pieces, we simplified them by only including natural features shown through contour lines, rivers and lakes, and the most iconic trails within their borders. There are no roads, cities or towns, or other man-made elements on the maps.
Our Hydrology Series shows the inherent beauty of North America's system of waterways, delivering life throughout our land. They map every river and stream (both perennial and intermittent), along with all lakes with a diameter greater than 6 miles.
Our Historic Maps are reproduction prints of original topographic maps from the mid-1900's. We used high resolution scans of the old maps and carefully remastered them for a cleaner look. Each map was digitally enhanced, removing old stains, stamps, handwriting, and discolorations, as well as being recolored to bring them back to their glory days. Although enhanced, they still show signs of aging and some original flaws.
What is the difference between the Paper Print and the Canvas Gallery Wrap?
Both are printed using our top of the line Canon ipf8300 printer with their 12 color inkset. The inks are archival and produce vibrant rich colors which will last a lifetime.
- Paper Print- We use 100% cotton, acid-free heavyweight (310g) Archival art paper with a textured matte finish. These prints come rolled in a Kraft shipping tube and are meant to be framed. Be careful not to touch the surface, the inks can be sensitive to the oils on your hands. When you receive the print, it will be rolled in a shipping tube. Unroll it, put the paper it came with over the print and place some books over it for 24 hours to flatten the print out before you try to frame it.
- The National Park and TOPO Series are 13x19 inches in size and come printed on a 17x22 inch piece of paper. You can either fit them into a 17x22 inch frame or cut them down and fit them into a standard 13x19 inch frame. You can even add a 2.5 inch mat and put them into an 18x24 inch frame.
- The Range Series, Hydrology Series, and Historic Maps are cut to the actual size of the paper ordered which are available in a variety of sizes. They have a quarter inch of white border around them for easier framing.
- Paper Print with Black Frame- Our black frames are made in the USA of solid wood finger-jointed pine. They are matte black with a 1.25" face and 1" deep with clear Acrylite (glass substitute) to protect the print and an acid-free black backing board behind the print.
- Paper Print with Reclaimed Wooden Frames-We have amazing wooden frames made especially for us by Urban Ashes. They've sourced wood from abandoned structures previously slated for landfills and re-purposed them as frames. Our current stock of frames are made from wood beams salvaged from the Clinton Woolen Mill founded in 1866 in Clinton, Michigan. They have a 1-3/4" smooth surface face with a natural oil stain and 3/4" rough cut sides. Each frame is unique, some with old nail holes, others with slight stains, but all are bold, rustic, and beautiful. They come available in 13"x19", 16"x20", and 16"x24" with clear Acrylite (glass substitute) to protect the print and an acid-free black backing board behind the print. The outer dimensions of the frames are 16"x22"x.75" for a 13"x19" print, 20"x24"x.75" for a 16"x20" print, and 20"x28"x.75 for a 16"x24" print. These reclaimed wooden frames are available with or without our maps in case you would like them for another print.
- Canvas Gallery Wraps- Made in our shop, they are printed on a thick (400g) Archival canvas, varnished for protection, and stretched around a 1.5 inch thick wooden frame. They have hanging hardware attached so they come ready for your wall.
Where are your prints made?
In our shop in San Diego, CA by our small team. Most of the materials we use are made in the USA.
How long does it take to get my print?
Paper prints are usually shipped within 1-3 business days of ordering. During the holidays they may take an additional 1-2 days.
Canvas gallery wraps usually take about 1-2 weeks to arrive at your door. During the holiday season they can take longer, up to 2-3 weeks to arrive, so please plan ahead. If you are in a jam and really need it quick, let us know and we will try to expedite your order. They are quality prints that take time to make but we will do our best to get you your order as soon as we can.
What about your awesome shirts?
All of our shirts are made in the USA and are American Apparel brand. Although the designs are all ours, we get them printed in LA and shipped from our supplier. You will typically get your shirt separate from the rest of your order if you order prints along with it. They usually take about 3-5 days before shipping plus the shipping time of 1-3 days.
How much is shipping?
We ship via FedEx ground and USPS to the contiguous 48 and USPS to HI and AK.
FREE SHIPPING to the US contiguous 48 states for orders over $49.
- For orders $49 and under to the US contiguous 48 states- USPS or Fed Ex ground (1-5 days depending on location) for $6
Hawaii and Alaska- $9 shipping for orders under $99 and $14 shipping for orders over $99.
US contiguous 48 overnight by Fed Ex for $100. We will rush the order, but please allow time for production of print.
- CANADA-Paper prints are $15 for First-Class (7-14 days) and $28 for Priority (3-6 days). Frames and Canvas Gallery Wraps are shipped Priority for $38.
Do you ship international?
Yes, but ONLY the paper prints. We do not ship the canvas gallery wraps international at this time.
Europe and Asia ships USPS priority International for a flat rate of $40.
- United Kingdom ships USPS priority International for a flat rate of $50.
- Australia ships USPS priority International for a flat rate of $45.
What is your return policy?
We stand by everything we print. If you are unhappy with the print send it back in new condition to us within 30 days for a full refund excluding shipping. Email email@example.com for more information.
T-shirts may be exchanged, not refunded, for another size.
Can you design a map for a National Park not already on the site?
Yes, we did designs for many of the most popular National Parks in America but not all of them. We will be adding more as time goes on and would love to hear what you are looking for. If we get enough requests for a park we will bump it up the list. Please be patient though, they take time to design. Please email us your requests at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like a custom map made that we don't have in our pipeline, or just want it quicker, we are happy to do it. There will be a design charge of $200 plus the cost of the print you want. They take about two weeks to design plus printing time. Email us with your request and we'll answer any questions you may have.
Can you do custom colors for a map?
Yes, but there will be a $50 charge and you must know the RGB color profiles for each variant. Email us at email@example.com what you would like and we will confirm the details with you.
Can you do custom sizes?
Yes, let us know what you'd like and we will get a price for you. We can make prints up to 40x60 inches in size.
Do you wholesale?
Yes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for wholesale opportunities.
Will you share my information?